2008-05-15

Human Rights

Hi Everyone,
Today is Bloggers Unite for Human Rights. I encourage you to visit Amnesty International USA website. I am so glad I heard about this. I visited their website and I was saddened about all the violations against Humans all over the world. I may have thought of some of these issues going on in other parts of the world, but one issue that really hit me was here in America we are putting our children away for life for crimes committed before the age of 18. You can protest this by going to their website and click on children and then click on Demand an End to Child Life Without Parole on that page you can send an email to our governors to end this. Children can and do commit terrible crimes, however, when they do, they should be held accountable in a manner that reflects both their culpability and their special capacity for rehabilitation. It made me think if the child committed such a horrible crime then maybe we should look at ourselves as well. Where did society fail the child! We should not just lock them up and throw away the key. We should do all we can for the child to accept responsibility for their actions, but forgive them and give them a chance to start over. Thanks for visiting my blog today. I hope you go to their site and email a letter to put an end to this.
Take Care,
Janet :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your thoughts on this important human rights issue. As the Preamble to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights reminds us, “…recognition of the inherent dignity and of the equal and inalienable rights of all members of the human family is the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the world.”

    Dave Donelson, author of Heart of Diamonds

    ReplyDelete