2008-06-23

No not George!!!

Hi Everyone,
The last thing I did last night on my blog was to post George Carlin's last HBO special in my funny videos. I had done it before then they they removed them from You tube. When I checked last night they were back on there. I put Dana Carvey's up front because his was the latest HBO special. But George was my favorite, I blogged about him a couple of times. I loved his perspective on human behavior. Although I did not know him personally, I feel so sad I wanted to cry. I will miss his humor. But he left alot for us watch when we want a good laugh. I know he made me laugh so much. Rest in peace George,
Janet :)

What everyone is saying.
George Carlin gave more to his fellow comedians, actors and writers than a good laugh. Responding to news of Carlin's death from heart failure at the age of 71, fellow funny men and women spoke about his groundbreaking humor, his brilliant mind, his big heart, and the effect he had on them and their profession. "If there was ever a comedian who was a voice of their generation it was George Carlin," comedian and "Tonight Show" host Jay Leno told ABCNEWS.com. "Before George, comedians aspired to put on nice suits and perform in Las Vegas. George rebelled against that life. His comedy took on privilege and elitism, even railing against the game of golf. He never lost that fire. May he continue to inspire young people never to accept the status quo."

No comments:

Post a Comment