2008-10-17

Promise To Try

Hi Everyone,
I hope you are all doing well. I am doing good. The last two nights Madonna was in town with her tour. As her divorce was announced. I read on the Internet today that a local Boston radio station felt for her and after that they played only Madonna's music, they hoped she would call in. I thought that was nice of them. I have seen her twice in concert. Once I had third row seats which started right at the stage. It was one of the best nights I have ever had. She was right in front of me all night. She puts on a great show. I always say when I know she is coming again that I've already seen her a couple of times, I don't need to see her again. Then like today, I regret that I did not go. My sister went with her co worker and said it was good. I know alot of people don't like her. I have not always agreed with the things she has done, but I like her because she had the courage to be different, take risks that most of us women would never have. She became my favorite singer when I bought her Like a Prayer cd. I found a song on the cd that put into words how I felt every time my mother would go away to the hospital when I was a little girl. She had battled a mental illness for most of my childhood, and later got new treatment and got much better. Anyway the song Promise to Try reminded me of my mother and as I grew up I realized the words in that song also probally reminded my mother of her mother who died when she was only two years old. I could also relate to Papa don't Preach. The little girl in the video was even wearing the same catholic outfit I used too. So next time she is coming to town I hope I remember how I feel the day after so I won't feel this way the day after, instead I will be saying what a great time I had last night LOL ! . The Red Sox's are giving us another great post season. Boston your my home and I couldn't be happier!!! Go Sox's.
Have a great weekend,
Take Care,
Janet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment