2008-11-22

Looking Good!

Hi Everyone,
How are you all doing? I am really excited and happy today about my new look. Thanks to www.chica-pumuckl-designs.blogspot.com referred to my by http://www.kimmysharinglight.com/ . After I saw how beautiful her blog looked it made me want the same, so thank you Kimmy. My posts have a new color font. It is not a mistake that it is different from my other posts. I am teaching myself to design websites but I am not fully there yet to do it myself. I want to share with everyone today the introduction to what is Loving-Kindness. Loving-Kindness means learning to love our own innate goodness and in turn can truly see the innate goodness in all others around us. It is an ancient meditation or mind exercise if you want to look at it that way. Through this meditation we can change our way of viewing ourselves from what life has taught us along the way. Sort of like changing the tapes in our heads, or our ego's. The authors write this "The simplest explanation of loving-kindness; meditation is that you repeat a series of phrase aimed at yourself, a loved one,a person you feel neutral about, a difficult person and finally, all living things, with the intention of generating great friendliness for yourself and others. For example you might direct the following loving-kindness phrases toward yourself: May I be happy, May I be healthy, May I be peaceful, May I be safe. They go on to say of course their is more to it than that, and in the following pages we'll explain the intricacies of this meditation practice. Sarah Salzberg writes that through this meditation we will discover the incredible power of love within each of us. In order to access this power we must overcome our limited view of our own potential and rediscover a more expansive view of what is possible for us. Salzberg believes this can be achieved; and sustained through spiritual practice. This book is an invitation to practice that kindness toward yourself and others.
I hope you got something you needed today from this post. That is my goal to inspire others as I am by all of you. Thanks for visiting my blog. Hope you all have a great Saturday Night, it is my favorite night of the week. I get to watch Mad TV and Saturday Night Live. Although as I age it does get harder to stay up that late, but I fight it tooth and nail!
Take Care,
Janet :)

7 comments:

  1. Hello and Blessings Janet. I love the new look too! Loving Kindness. That sounds so peaceful to me!! Sometimes I can forget to honor the inner goddess. I had an angel reading a few weeks ago, and I was reminded that I can ask for help for myself, as well as others. You are a angel blessing for me Janet. Namaste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Janet! I love your new blog look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet, I love the new look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet it looks just fabulous, I LOVE it. I am sure you will be very happy with it. She does such a good job doesn't she? I would love to get one done but right now with all of my medical bills it is just not in the cards for me at this time. I hope you have a wonderful Sunday, God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new look! I think it really shows off your site! You must be very proud.

    Take care, hugzzzz
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new blog design is great! Ana does wonderful work!!


    Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry Janet ~ I missed this post and it's really good. I think I'll paste in some of your explanation for my robot to talk about. (and practice the meditation exercises myself) I actually have quite a low self-image and I think the exercises may help.

    Hope you're having/had a good Thanksgiving

    xh

    ReplyDelete