2009-05-01

I Knew A Truth


Hi Everyone,
I hope you are doing well. I am doing good. I started writing poetry when I was a young girl to deal with family issues before there was such a thing as therapy! This poem is for anyone out there like myself who stood up for something you knew was right and paid a certain price. I do find writing these poems today still are therapeutic for me. Thanks for visiting my blog today,
Take Care,
Janet :)

I knew a truth,
Confused, I did not
know what to do
I thought about
day in and day out

The voices in my head
words kept being fed,
You know what you should,
Find your courage if you
would.

Once found,
I spoke out loud.
I was set free,
Truth I no longer
had to keep

The truth was not
received, my words
they did not believe
What I felt inside,
I cannot describe

No longer can I be
with those who
choose not to see
I will walk away
with heartache
Free to live my life,
knowing I did what was right

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem. And so true. There are so many times that children are not validated, or believed.

    Take care,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet, that is a beautiful poem. I would love to see more of your writings. God bless.

    Jodi

    ReplyDelete