2011-09-23

News To Amuse

Hello, Happy Friday! I don't know if it's just me, or maybe my sense of humor is in full time mode being stuck in this house so much, (a good coping skill I think), but lately some of the stories on the news have been amusing to me. One thing I know for sure, is laughing always puts me back in a good mood. Which I need more often these days, as you can tell from my last post. Unemployed and underemployed, needing help from the government, is just not where I thought we would be at this point in our lives. I know we are not alone in this either, so many people are struggling out there, but that's another post for another day, well maybe. I hope you are amused too from these stories and videos with Lewis Black. Speaking of a sense of humor, I love his!
Thanks for visiting,
Janet :)

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's -- no it's a super-chunk of space satellite?
Photobucket
Good News concerning your safety and about your home! According to Space.com, "To date there have been no confirmed reports of an injury or significant property damage resulting from re-entering space objects." And 'Falling objects' is a covered peril in most home insurance policies,

Hey Mom, Can you say Busted!!
Photobucket
A Kindergarten student in Missouri brings mother's drug pipe and crystal meth, with a street value of $3,700, to his school's show and tell! (Poor kid though huh)

See Smoking can kill in more than one way!!
Photobucket
Woman Lighting Cigarette Hit By Train

Sandra L. Gawlik, who works at a cafe near the Needham Center Station, was walking on the platform trying to light her cigarette when she failed to see that a train was coming into the station, police said.

Gawlik walked into the side of train and was knocked to the ground.

She broke her collarbone in the mishap and was taken to the hospital with injuries that were described as not life-threatening.


No comments:

Post a Comment