2008-04-26

Family

Hi Everyone,
I hope you are all having a good weekend. Elsie is still hanging in there and improving a little bit each day. I really think she will make it through this. Today I took a little time for myself and got my hair done and went tanning. I am not a selfish person, but with all that has been going on I felt I needed it to refresh myself. Larry stopped by today after his visit with Elsie. She asked him for something today, which she has not done since she has been in there. She requested a pad of paper with a horse picture on it. That tells me Elsie is trying to express herself with paper and remembering her life. She loved horses and owned a couple of them from a young women until 1984, the year Christa was born. Larry asked where can I get a pad of paper with a horse, I suggested staples, they have alot of different kinds of paper. He said he is going to look all over to get one for her, he is being such a good husband! I keep telling him what a good job he is doing. He really loves her so much more than I ever realized. I told him Pete and I would go in with him tomorrow and after the visit I will make him a nice meal. I bought him scallops and shrimp, along with lemon meringue pie for dessert. He will love it and say, you have earned some points to stay the number one Janet! It is an on going joke between us because his son Tom has a girlfriend named Janet, so now we have Janet 1 and Janet 2. If they get married there will be two Janet Gardner's! My Title tonight for the post is Family. I am so blessed to have such a good family around me, by husband, son and daughter, son in law and granddaughter. But today I realized how lucky I have been to have such good siblings as well. My sister Karen is the salt of the earth, she calls me almost everyday to see how Elsie is doing, She prays for Elsie everyday and sends her cards. My brother Jim was the best son a mother could ask for, being there everyday for her for twenty years!! When my mother passed away I lashed out at all of them, Albert, Kevin and Bobby including Karen and Jim, they did not stop loving me though, they forgave me and still loved me. They are the best of the best, and make me a better person because I carry their qualities with me everyday. Love you all so much, thanks for always being there for me! To all my friends who have helped me through all this as well, Donna G most of all I feel the same way about you guys!!

Take Care,
Janet ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment