2009-08-30

Balance Your Emotions

Photobucket

Hi Everyone, I hope you are doing well. I am doing good. The world is filled with magic and it is also filled with sadness, with this loving kindness practice you may find a way to cultivate a sense of stability in yourself that allows you to accept sadness and not just cling to joy. Dealing with difficult emotions are hard for all of us and it is easier to focus on joy and happiness. When you do this practice find that good feeling in your heart and try to feel it throughout your body. Then think of a sadness inside you, Don't try to control it or change it. Let both feelings of love and sadness pass through your heart like waves, don't grasp onto one or push the other away. Continue in this way until you feel a calm balance between these feelings. As you go about your day this practice may help us to find balance in the mist of our chaotic, every changing emotions. You may not feel that the first time you practice it, but keep trying and it will come to you.
Thanks for visiting my blog,
Take Care,
Janet :)

3 comments:

  1. I most definitely have to try this one. I love the ideas of emotions as waves. An old therapist referred to them this way and it helps me immensely to think of them as ebbing and flowing, coming and going, not permanent states but fluid things that change constantly. There's no need or point in trying to grasp one and escape another. Now I just have to add the balance bit into it and I'm all set.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I forgot to tell you, I posted the award you gave me on all my blogs (Raven's and Jane's) and there's an award for you too at Stuperhero Extraordinaire:

    http://stuperheroextraordinaire.blogspot.com/2009/08/not-random-tuesday-and-bloggy-awards.html

    Hope you like it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do so agree Janet.

    I've been away in my own little world. I'm trying to give up smoking. I can't think, or write or really concentrate on anything. It's almost two weeks now and it still feels so bad.

    xhenry

    ReplyDelete