2010-01-12

Officially Freaked Out

Hi Everyone,
I hope you are doing well, I am a little freaked out tonight, I did not want to post today, just leave up my mom's legacy, I have another post scheduled for midnight. But what happened tonight I just had to write about. I was working tonight at target where I just got hired a month or two ago, I took it because even with a bachelor's degree I had been sitting at home for months. I was hired for photo, but I also work in guest services doing returns and all that fun stuff, they are in the same area so when I have no photo's I work there. So tonight me and the ladies I was working with were all talking about our boyfriends and spouses. All of us were all kinda aggravated with them and one of them just had a fight with her boyfriend over the phone. So we are having fun talking about the situations. Then someone came up for a return so I did it. As I looked up at the person I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It was the hospice nurse that took care of my mother until the day she died. It was a Friday morning two years ago and I was there early. I went out to the hallway while he got my mother ready for the day. Soon he came running out and said you better call your siblings now, I think it is a matter of an hour or two. He insisted I come right into the room and call them just in case. He was a love, he is a big jolly guy that came from Ireland. I loved his accent. I have not seen him since that day. So when I realized it was him my insides began to shake, my chest filled with pain and the tears filled my eyes. I had been doing so good all day. I told him you were the one who took care of my mother at the nursing home when she began hospice. He remembered her right away when I told him her name. I told him today was her second anniversary! He said she was lovely lady and she made my job entertaining because of the way she behaved. We always said she was the cat who swallowed the canary, she knew how to get what she wanted when she wanted it, No one messed with Joe we would say. Anyway the ladies were so kind to give me some time to talk to him and I gave him a hug and thanked him again for taking such good care of my mom. They also gave me a moment to go get it out and regroup. I managed to get through the rest of the night, but it was tough. They also thought it was strange. Thanks again ladies. I am the type that believes in signs, so I feel she let me know tonight she is still with me in spirit :)
Thanks for visiting my blog,
Take Care,
Janet :)

2 comments:

  1. wow...that must have been so difficult for you. I understand what you must have felt at that moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sandi, Hope all is well with you
    Take Care,
    Janet :)

    ReplyDelete