2010-08-26

Enlightened

Hi Everyone, Hope all is well with all of you. Today I am reading my books, 365 ways to live the Law of Attraction and The Gift Of Loving Kindness. I truly feel Enlightened when I read and I grow Spiritually. That Spirituality leaves me feeling peace with everything in my life,no matter what the situation is. As Eckhart Tolle say's in his book A New Earth, it is time for a shift in consciousness for our world. I truly agree with him. All over the world we are conditioned to old tapes and ways in our heads to respond to life's situations, and when you really think about it, obviously those responses are the wrong way to go about reacting, otherwise we would not keep finding ourselves with the same ol, same ol issues. I still have to finish reading his book but I found it to be a very good read, I highly recommend you read it if you find yourself looking for a new way to deal with certain issues in your daily life that keep hitting a "brick wall" so to speak. As with any teaching take from it what you need and leave the rest. We all need to find what works for us. Personally I have found that in my recovery working on my spirituality is a better way to maintain my sobriety instead of attending AA meetings. It is a great program and I am in no way shape or form putting it down, I use some of their principles in my daily life, but I just found I would rather focus on getting better as a person than sitting around talking about myself with a label. I still feel torn too between if it really is a disease or just a learned behavior. I don't feel diseased so to speak from Alcohol, I do not crave it since I got out of the habit of daily drinking. They found that to be somewhat of a miracle in AA, so that is why I lean more towards a learned behavior. Sorry I have gotten behind on sharing these practices with you. I hope they do the same for you as they do for me.
Thanks for visiting my blog,
Have a Great Day,
Love ya,
Janet :)

angel


Meet Anger with Love
The goal of loving-kindness meditation is to have a river of compassion withing you that is so deep and so wide that if someone were to pour his hostility into your river of compassion, it would just drown in your waters of kindness. If someone were to throw anger and resentment toward you, you'd be so immersed in compassion that the emotional outburst wouldn't cause a negative reaction in you. The next time someone tries to toss his anger into your waters, simply think to yourself.
"I don't accept your Anger, The Anger still belongs to you"
"I will respond to your Anger with Kindness"
"May the love within me nourish the souls around me"

Laws Of Attraction
#16 The Law Works When There Is A Vacuum
If someone wants to manifest something in his work or life experience, he or she may first have to create the space for it. In other words, tear down, remove, and otherwise clean and clear a space to make it ready to receive the object or create the right climate for getting a new job, raise in pay, loving companion, or new group of friends. The ancient Chinese tradition known as Feng Shui emphasizes the clearing of space and the art of placement to attract the things you desire to have in your life. Clutter impedes or blocks energy flow and when you are trying to bring something good into your life, you certainly don't want to block its arrival. You can use the principles of Feng Shui to enhance your intentional work with the Law of Attraction, especially if you are seeking harmony,peace and prosperity in all areas of life. One of the major maxims of Feng Shui states, "Less is More"

#18 Dare to Join the Dance of Transformation
Like the Hindu God Shiva Nataraja, who dances the universe into creation and destruction, you can change your destiny by destroying patterns of negative thought and replacing them with positive thinking and feeling. Shiva's dance destroys ignorance and awakens the latent divine force of kundalini, the sacred energy that conveys mortal consciousness to a state of enlightenment. Through your powerful intentions and aligned with the Law of Attraction, perhaps you, too will awaken from the dark slumber of unintentionally attracting what you don't want to, instead, drawing into your life what you do want. There is enormous power in every moment of every day to change your patterns of thinking, and thus, the potential future karmic ramifications of your thoughts, words, and deeds.

I found these sayings around the internet, thought I would share them with you as well :)

There comes a point when you have to realize you'll never be good enough for some people. The question is...is that your problem or theirs?

Once we learn to see a person for who they can be, as opposed to who they are, then we truly are connected to who they will be. ~JPMJ

Meanings of Enlightment
# Enlightenment A philosophical movement of the 18th century that emphasized the use of reason to scrutinize previously accepted doctrines and traditions and that brought about many humanitarian reforms.
# Buddhism & Hinduism. A blessed state in which the individual transcends desire and suffering and attains Nirvana.
# Enlightening - uplifting so as to encourage intellectual or moral improvement

2 comments:

  1. I am a big fan of Eckhart Tolle and he has this new book which is truly awesome and easy-read (afterall these are inspirational selections for A NEW EARTH) -- Oneness With All Life.

    I'm so happy to hear that you are doing well, Janet. Like you, I wish I can already stay sober permanently.

    Btw, I have friendship awards for you. If you have time please visit:

    http://pinklady-bing.blogspot.com/2010/08/august-awards-from-jingle.html

    blessings to you... {{{hugsss}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bing, Thank you sooo much for the award and the comment. I admire your honesty about your sobriety, it makes me love you all the more. Keep fighting the good fight and you will achieve your goal, I just know it. Remember I am always here for you 24/7 anytime you need someone to talk to.
    Take Care,
    Talk to you soon,
    Janet :)

    ReplyDelete