2008-06-15

Happy Father's Day

Hi Everyone,
I hope you are all doing well. I feel like I have not blogged in weeks even though it has only been a couple of days. Happy Fathers Day to all you dad's out there. I think fondly of my father who has been gone for 21 years. He was my hero, a great teacher and though he had faults as we all do, I can't Thank God enough for having him in my life. I wish we had many more years together, he was only 53 years old when he passed. God knew he needed to rest after having a hard life. I have slowly been getting back on with life. I have gotten back to work and have enjoyed some down time with my family. Today was hard having lunch for Larry, it is the first time in 25 years I did not set a place for Elsie. We talked alot about her though, so I guess in a way she was here with us. In honor of father's day I am posting this poem I received in a email. Saying of the Day I used a Carol O'Connor saying, my father said himself he was like Archie Bunker. I will get back to spirituality during the week. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Take Care,
Janet :)

WHEN YOU THOUGHT I WASN'T LOOKING A message every adult should read because children Are watching you and doing as you do, not as you say.
When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you hang my First painting on the refrigerator, and I immediately Wanted to paint another one.
When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you feed a Stray cat, and I learned that it was good to be kind To animals.
When you thought I wasn’t looking I saw you make my Favorite cake for me, and I learned that the little Things can be the special things in life.
When you thought I wasn't looking I heard you say a Prayer, and I knew that there is a God I could always Talk to, and I learned to trust in Him.
When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you make a Meal and take it to a friend who was sick, and I Learned that we all have to help take care of each Other.
When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you give of Your time and money to help people, who had nothing, And I learned that those who have something should Give to those who don't.
When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you take care Of our house and everyone in it, and I learned we have To take care of what we are given.
When you thought I wasn't looking I saw how you handled your responsibilities, even when you didn’t feel good, and I learned that I would have to be responsible when I grow up.
When you thought I wasn't looking I saw tears come from your eyes, and I learned that sometimes things Hurt, but it's all right to cry.
When you thought I wasn't looking I saw that you cared, and I wanted
to be everything that I could be.
When you thought I wasn't looking I learned most of life's lessons that I need to know to be a good and productive person when I grow up.
When you thought I wasn't looking I looked at you and wanted to say,’ Thanks for all the things I saw when you Thought I wasn't looking.
Each of us (parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, teacher, friend) Influences the life of a child. Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God.

1 comment:

  1. "Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God."

    that is beautiful

    henry

    ReplyDelete