2008-07-12

Great Dream

Hi Everyone,
I hope you are all having a good weekend. I am enjoying a little r and r. I did work today but only for a couple of hours. I was driving home from work and saw three girls riding horses on the side of the road. I thought of Elsie and how much I still can't believe she is gone. She was so independent and pretty healthy for 80 yrs old. It seemed like she would be around for another 20 years. I feel bad that I did not spend too much time with her before she got sick. I kept telling her that when I was through taking care of my mother I would spend more time with her. Then she got ill two weeks before my mother passed. Elsie would always say don't worry about me, I am only the walking wounded, your mother needs you more now. I do feel good though that I took time off work and spent as much time as I could when she was in the hospital. I held her hand and she left this world and then I kissed her goodbye and told her the Angels will carry you home now and of course cried. I finally had a dream about my mother that was like a message from God that I have been hoping to get. I want to share this dream with you. The last thing I whispered into my mother's ear before she passed was "I will see you in my dreams". In my dream I went to our childhood home in Weymouth to visit my brother Jim. When I walked in the backdoor there was my mother standing in the kitchen all recovered from her stroke. She was happy and giddy with laughter. Like she would get sometimes in the nursing home. She was cooking and singing a little. We shared the day together, laughing and having special moments. I kept saying Mom you have no Idea how good it is to be with you! She said the same to me. I could feel her hugs. Then it was getting near the end of the day, Mom said she had a class to go to. Like Ceramics or something. I was sitting at a bus stop it seemed like with her. I said goodbye to her and she did to me. We both new we would see each other again, not right away but that we would be together again. When I left her I felt happiness for getting one more day with her. God was letting me know she is free from all her suffering's here on earth. I had another chance to say goodbye for now under better conditions . I am really grateful for this dream. I will never forget it. It is true, God gives you what you need! So I decided to post this inspirational saying I found on Death and dying.
Where do we go when we die? Do we really die? If you fear death, are grieving for a loved one who has passed over, or believe in hell and punishment, perhaps you need to take a different perspective...... In reality, there is no death - only transition. So, the real question is; "How can we live our life now to make our "transition" free and clear?"
First of all.... who are we really and why are we here?

Deepak Chopra tells us:
"Human beings are made of body, mind and spirit. Of these, spirit is primary, for it connects us to the source of everything, the eternal field of consciousness."and that....
"Each of us is here to discover our true Self...that essentially we are spiritual beings who have taken manifestation in physical form...that we're not human beings that have occasional spiritual experiences that we're spiritual beings that have occasional human experiences. "...
So, knowing now that we are spirit incarnated on earth to discover our true Self through our physical form, and knowing that Spirit does not die, then we can understand that death is nothing to fear because it is then really only a transition and a 'return to home', then how we live our lives here and how we think about ourselves and our life can be liberating and empowering. If you were to die tomorrow, can you say that you lived a full life and that you impacted positively on the lives of those around you? Would there be any regrets of things left unsaid or undone?

Thanks for visiting my blog,
Take Care,
Janet :)

1 comment:

  1. Hello Janet ~ I was really...and delighted to see your third comment on my post about Dreaming of Christina. I was told by Eileen the minister at my church, that there is a period of time when the soul, who has passed over, must re-adjust to the new spiritual world...and then they are ready to return to us..to help and to comfort.

    I think we all rather underestimate the understanding of our parents and our older friends who have passed on and therefore spend a lot of time feeling an un-neccecary grief and a form of guilt, when the person we are feeling the guilt for has reached a most wonderful level of awareness and loves us so much and tries so hard to take the guilt and grief away.

    But then they - my mother, your mother and Elsie - also understand that our guilt and grief are our expressions of love for them and they accept that and appear to us in the most positive ways - to help us to smile and laugh again.

    My mother appeared to me in my dream about her, dressed in a gold dress and looking like she was around her middle thirties. When I asked her if she had taken her tablets (which I gave her every day for her heart) she said "Oh...I don't need them now"

    dear Janet, thank you for your love of humanity and the world

    " When I walked in the backdoor there was my mother standing in the kitchen all recovered from her stroke. She was happy and giddy with laughter. Like she would get sometimes in the nursing home. She was cooking and singing a little. We shared the day together, laughing and having special moments. I kept saying Mom you have no Idea how good it is to be with you! She said the same to me. I could feel her hugs. Then it was getting near the end of the day, Mom said she had a class to go to. Like Ceramics or something. I was sitting at a bus stop it seemed like with her. I said goodbye to her and she did to me. We both new we would see each other again, not right away but that we would be together again. When I left her I felt happiness for getting one more day with her. God was letting me know she is free from all her suffering's here on earth."

    It's just so true

    love

    henry

    ReplyDelete