2008-09-06

Here comes Hanna

Hi Everyone,
I hope you are all doing well. I am doing good. I am sitting here tonight waiting for Hanna to pass by. I sometimes like a dark stormy night, as crazy as that sounds. Not that I like destruction or anything and I don't want anyone hurt. When I cannot sleep through a stormy
night it gives me time to be still and reflect. Which I don't often get to do in my daily life, because we all know that our daily lives can resemble a tropical storm weather we realize it or not.
I feel that when things are light and bright in the storm or kous, you never stop to be still and listen. You just keep moving along with the path of the storm!! When things turn dark, like losing a loved one it is a storm of emotions. I hope you guys understand that. I would think my friends at New England Village will definitely understand
that! LOL. Thanks to D and Mike at http://www.startingoverinsouthafrica.com/ and especially
Henry at http://soulmerlin.wordpress.com/ for your recent comments, I appreciate them so much. I really liked this inspirational saying today.
Take Care,
Janet :)

There are many different types of relationships we can have with one another, from friendship, romantic love to parental or sibling love, or working relationships. Whilst love can feel wonderful and bring much joy and happiness, it can also bring much pain. Yet it is through pain that we learn the most. To live without love is to not live at all and shrivels the soul, and we learn nothing. But there are ways to be in relationship with others that is positive and uplifting to yourself and to the other, even if the relationship doesn't last forever. In love relationships we have much to learn from the other. The important people in our lives (actually all people in our lives) are really mirrors. We draw to us those who will help us learn about ourselves. Each time we are presented with a challenge in a relationship, we are really being presented with an 'opportunity' to look inside ourselves to see what about us it is that needs working on, so that we may grow. As an example, if a partner behaves in a way that elicits let's say, jealousy, in us, then they are actually triggering an emotion inside us that is incomplete - that is the 'mirror'. We look at that emotion that has been triggered and so rather than point a finger at the other one (that is us being a 'victim'), we look at our 'jealousy' and see that we have an issue with 'jealousy' and there is our opportunity to change that about ourselves. Jealousy is a fear that we are not good enough, and therefore we can then see that if we worked on our 'not-good-enough' belief, then regardless of the other person's behaviour, we would no longer experience 'jealousy (that is us taking back our power). We can't change another, only ourselves.

2 comments:

  1. How true.

    Those 'growing pains' really hurt. One can be tempted, so often, to wish we could stop growing for a spell to avoid the pain. Then reality shows us that if we had avoided the circumstances and the pain, not only would we have been weaker and as vulnerable as before, but more importantly, the other people would not have benefited from whatever that relationship has brought them.

    We cannot avoid helping others because of the pain it may bring us; our failure to do so brings the greater pain.

    This saying is so true - despite those growing pains, we'd rather be where we are after the pain, than in the place we were before. The further we progress, the less the pain, because our improved condition enables us to cope so much better. And that makes us more useful to others, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great inspirational saying...and the essence for me is..

    "To live without love is to not live at all"

    I'll try and find a photograph and print it across it :)

    You are a great spontaneous writer and get to the heart of the matter.

    I used your comment about the old lady on the park bench as my postscript the my follow-up post.

    Take Care
    As Arnold S. says "I'll be back"

    ReplyDelete