2009-07-10

Open The Box


Hi Everyone,
I hope you are doing well. I am doing good. When I came across this loving kindness meditation I was filled with peace right away. These past couple of years I was consumed with loss. Family members died, some of my friendships turned out to be not what I thought they were. I truly believe in that saying now, when your down and out you find out who your true friends are. This loving kindness meditation put it into perspective for me. Every time I had loss or a change that was not expected it always brought me fear. I now know I can let go without having to fear, and I will still be ok, I will still be connected to the world and to the ones I need to be. I hope this helps you feel the same if you need it. No matter what you have lived through, no matter how scary or difficult your life has been,no matter what harm you have caused others or they have caused you, you are still intrinsically whole. We are all complete and connected to one another. Showing loving kindness means embracing all parts of ourselves and the world around us. Through practice we stop denying different, "unlikeable" parts of our experiences. The goal is to accept what comes into our lives and accept what leaves our lives without fear, desire, or aversion. You can learn to access this natural goodness within you and others simply by doing a formal or informal loving kindness meditation. By repeating these loving kindness phrases, you can access this loveliness, this perfection that rests within all of us. Our original goodness is like a gift in a box just waiting to be opened. Let the loving kindness mantras be the force that pulls open the bows on the box. Let the light in by saying these phrases to yourself.
"May we be filled with loving-kindness"
"May we be healthy and strong"
"May we feel calm and at ease"
"May we be happy"
Thanks for visiting my blog,
Take Care,
Janet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment