2010-12-23

The Gift Of Wings

Hi Everyone, I hope you are all enjoying the holidays. I have been doing some reflecting on my life lately, to help me to continue to strive to be a better person, work on my shortcomings, you know all that good stuff!! Now that it is the Christmas season I have been reflecting about my Mom and Dad a lot. Looking back to the Christmas's I had growing up with them. I remember not always getting what I wanted and feeling a little sad. But as I grew I realized my Father did the best he could. God bless him, because he was the only one working and had 6 Children to buy for. His last Christmas he was so generous with all of us. He was sick with Heart Disease and he knew he could leave us at anytime having reached the 10 yr mark that the Doctors had given him. Then after he was gone my Mother, who lived on little means with her disability check, still managed to give her 6 children and 10 grandchildren all a little gift. I always got a pair of socks from her and to some people that may seem silly, but to me it was her way of still trying to take care of me as if I was still her little girl. And now that she is gone my sister carries on her tradition of giving me a new pair of sox's every Christmas and it makes me smile and tear up a little at the same time and I love her for that. But as I have been reflecting on these memories I am thinking mostly about the gifts they were really giving me. The gifts of appreciating what you have been given and doing the best you can to give no matter how big or small. Gifts that last a lifetime. I know too that they are still giving me the best gift they can, the gift of their Angel Wings around me.
Thank you for reading this special post
as part of the Merry Christmas Celebration,
Love ya,
Janet :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment