2011-03-28

My Old MTV!

Hi Everyone, Happy Music Monday, Yes! I want my old MTV after hearing the classic Dire Straits song the other day on the radio. I remember it like it was yesterday, at the age of 18 my hometown was getting cable, and when one of my friends was the first to get it, all of my friends and I ran over to their house to watch Music Videos Wow! It was just awesome. I remember the premier of Micheal Jackson's Thriller! Now through the years it has become more of a reality channel, like who needs more reality in their life?? TV is suppose to be the plug in drug. MTV is suppose to be Music Videos!! I don't even know if they do have all videos anymore on one of their 4 or 5 channels, I could be wrong, that's how long it has been since I have even checked out their channels. Then this morning, as I was thinking of doing this post for Music Monday, wouldn't you know what was on Good Morning America, the clip below of teen Mom's fighting it out! Well I'm just glad I got to enjoy it when it was brand new, old is gold :) I had to add one of my very favorite songs and video from that time too, Cruel Summer. It reminds me of the summer I got out of High School and was trying to find my way, while I watched some of my friends go off to college and move away. It was a sad and kinda lonely time. I felt stuck in my hometown, with no guidance or direction, Mom was still in and out of Mental Institutions then. If I only knew then what I know now!! I would have guided myself to a better future. I'm sure most of you can relate to feeling like that. Maybe I should call this post Melancholy Monday LOL! I hope you enjoy the classics I picked for today.
Thanks for visiting my blog,
Love ya,
Janet :)

"Case and Point"
MTV Today!


MTV at it's best!




Come join Music Monday and share your songs with us. Rules are simple. Leave ONLY the ACTUAL LINK POST here and grab the code below and place it at your blog entry. You can grab this code at LadyJava's Lounge Please note these links are STRICTLY for Music Monday participants only. All others will be deleted without prejudice.

PS: Because of spamming purposes, the linky will be closed on Thursday of each week at midnight, Malaysian Time. Thank you!

11 comments:

  1. Loving both your choices for a MM post - Have a great MM x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss my MTV!!!! Great post that brought back so many memories of the early days of MTV.

    Have a wonderful week . . . Gina

    GinasMusicMemories

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found this "eMpty-TV" term from Kurt Cobain biography. And I think it's just the perfect word to describe MTV today.
    Love your choices as well. Happy MM and have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are so right I want my MTV back as well. When I was a 16 year old I got pregnant and it was not a glorified thing it was shame and changed my life forever now days that has changed as well

    ReplyDelete
  5. MTV just isn't what it used to be - I miss my MTV! :) Great song choices - brought back excellent memories! ;) Happy MM! :)

    Dancing Crazy - It's Friday...wait! It's MMMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. of all the tree the Bananarama is my favorite
    thanks for sharing and happy MM
    Here's mine by the way
    Thia Megia ~ Out Here On My Own

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you to everyone for your comments, you all made my day! I'm so glad you all feel the same as me, it is not what it use to be and yes they should not glorify teenagers having babies! I'm really glad I brought back some good memories for you :) thanks again and happy MM to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay the awesome 80's. Yup MTV is not what it was.

    Namz recent post Kid Ego

    ReplyDelete
  9. so, I'm not the only one that remember when the M in MTV stood for music?

    shame they don't seem to care about anything but friviousl reality crap these days.

    maybe one day it'll return to being a great network again...maybe

    love the song choices, btw

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Namz and Mystery Man, I'm glad you feel the same as I do :)

    ReplyDelete