2011-07-14

Walk In Beauty

Hello Everyone, As I wrote yesterday on my SNM blog, I find the teachings and prayers of the Native Americans to be some of the most Beautiful and truly Spiritual reads I have ever come across. My favorite line in this poem is "I seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy - Myself". I hope all of you Walk In Beauty.
Thanks for visiting,
Janet

"Great Spirit Prayer"

Photobucket

"Oh, Great Spirit, whose voice I hear in the wind,
Whose breath gives life to all the world
Hear me; I need your strength and wisdom
Let me walk in beauty, and make my eyes ever
behold the red and purple sunset

Make my hands respect the things you have
made, and my ears sharp to hear your voice
Make me wise so that I may understand
the things you have taught my people
Help me to remain calm and strong in the
face of all that comes towards me

Let me learn the lessons you have
hidden in every leaf and rock
Help me seek pure thoughts and act
with the intention of helping others
Help me find compassion without
empathy overwhelming me
I seek strength, not to be greater
than my brother, but to fight my
greatest enemy - Myself
Make me always ready to come to
you with clean hands and straight eyes
So when life fades, as the fading sunset,
my spirit may come to you without shame

"May you always walk in Beauty."

No comments:

Post a Comment