2011-10-18

Take Heart

Hello, I hope all of you are doing well today, I am doing good. Recently I came across a great website on Buddhism in which I found this beautiful poem. I have always found myself connecting to, or as they say, enlightened by their teachings. It is more of a spiritual practice IMO, you may perceive it differently. It teaches you tools to live your life, and teaches basic humanity 101. As I come to understand it better myself, I will try to simplify it and share what I learn. I have already shared the basic root of their teachings with my loving kindness meditation posts. I feel this poem is teaching us the healthy tools in life we need to help balance our emotions through the difficult times.
Thanks for visiting,
Janet :)

Photobucket

TAKE HEART...
But also
take comfort, healing,
rest and love

Leave Sorrow,
Amongst the rocks and woods
who most of the time are far
stronger & better able to
handle such loads

Take Courage,
But also,take honesty, courtesy,
empathy and patience

Leave Doubt,
Amidst the deep ocean waters
watch it sink there until you
cannot cling to it any longer

Take Faith,
But leave with an open mind,
an open hand, open arms

Take Whatever,
you need to make it
through,
Leave what keeps you
from going on,
Tears only go so far,
Fear only holds so long,
Though your feet may bleed and
your hands tremble,
Take deep compassion for the
suffering of another, and journey on

by Jennifer Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment