2012-06-27

Dreaming Tree

Hello, I hope your doing good today. I am doing pretty good. I was inspired by this picture to write a little poem. Don't we all wish there really was a Dreaming Tree!
Thanks for visiting,
Janet :)

581318_10150958414524776_1275720_n

If only for a day, I could sit
underneath a Dreaming tree,
What a Dream it would be

There I would Dream away
life's reality,
There I would recollect the Dreams
that have left me disenchanted,
and bury them deeply beneath

I'd look upon the Stars and all
their Magic,
While I dare to Dream new Dreams,
and whisper softly, please,
let these be granted

Because you must see, Dreaming Tree
How hard it is to hold onto to thee,
as life has a way of getting in
between, a way of never letting
them be seen

So for this one day, as I Dare
to Dream again and give hope,
Comfort my soul in your sway,
and allow not all my Dreams
become ghosts

6 comments:

  1. I love your dreaming tree metaphor, I am also fascinated with trees as symbols..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Unikorna, I'm so glad you liked it!
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Hi, dear Janet.
    The tree looks like from a fairy tale and your poem is cute and sweet and inspires kindness, as you are too :)

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh Thank you Petro, I appreciate your kind words!
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Pretty tree :) I tell my husband I will know which piece of land we need to by based on the trees I see. If I find one similar to your picture, we must buy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Storm, I know what you mean, I would buy the same piece of land in a heartbeat!

      Delete