2012-10-16

Rest In Peace T.H.

Hello, As I wrote a couple of weeks ago, an old friend of mine and my husbands passed away. He was laid to rest this weekend, and I was not able to attend and say goodbye. So I revised this poem I came across in memory of him. It helps give me that sense of goodbye and a way to pay tribute to him by sharing this with all of you on here.
Thanks for visiting,
Janet :)

47491_421082734621070_26361742_n_zps9e4eb855

I Heard The Angel Say

I thought I saw your face today,
in the sparkle of the morning sun.
And then I heard the angel say,
"Their work on earth is done."

I thought I heard your voice today,
then your laugh, your hearty laugh
And then I heard the Angel say,
"There's peace dear one at last"

I thought I felt your touch today,
in the breeze that rustled by
And then I heard the Angel say,
"The spirit never dies"

Not being able to say
goodbye, hurt inside,
But then I heard the Angel say,
"They're with you every day"
"The sun, the wind, the moon,
the stars, will forever be around,
reminding you of the friendship
you shared, and the peace they've
finally found

R.I.P T.H.

5 comments:

  1. may you friend rest in peace. thanks for sharing this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you couldn't be there, but the poem is awesome. A wonderful way to say goodbye to your friend.

    Have a terrific day Janet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for your loss. The poem was a good reminder though that we never really say goodbye, only 'see you later'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone for your kind words, I truly appreciate them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sorry to hear about your loss... what a nice tribute to a friend, janet.

    ReplyDelete