2008-05-23

Hi Everyone,
In trying to get back to spirituality I found some articles.

I wanted to share this with you. What are angels?An angel is a pure spirit created by God. The Old Testament theology included the belief in angels: the name applied to certain spiritual beings or intelligences of heavenly residence, employed by God as the ministers of His will. The English word "angel" comes from the Greek angelos, which means 'messenger'. In the Old Testament, with two exceptions, the Hebrew word for "angel" is malak, also meaning 'messenger'. The prophet Malachi took his name from this word. He was himself a messenger, and he prophesied about the coming of "the messenger of the covenant", Jesus Christ (Malachi 3:1). Although the word "angel" in the Bible, meaning a messenger, nearly always applies to heavenly beings, it can occasionally apply to human messengers. Malachi himself said a priest was a messenger (malak) of the LORD of hosts (Malachi 2:7), and in the Book of Revelation the elders of the seven churches of Asia were called angels (1:20; 2:1 etc.). But when we meet messengers doing supernatural things, there is no doubt they are heavenly beings - God's messengers, working for Him and for the ultimate benefit of mankind."

A note tonight about Elsie, her kidneys have started to fail again. Elsie does not want machines like dialysis, so it is now in gods hand. Today she in good spirits, she joked with Larry like she use to. Larry was so happy. He started to talk to her about how they met, I had never heard the story before, it was so bittersweet. Elsie was working in New Hampshire at a horse farm that did camp for rich girls in the summer. Larry had come up their with a friend to do some work on the farm for extra money. I could picture the scene, a beautiful farm with horses and one of the most unique barns he said, Elsie was beautiful, and Larry was very tall dark and handsome. Romantic I must say. I am adding this prayer for Elsie tonight.

My good Angel, Thou comest from heaven; God has sent thee to take care of me. Oh, shelter me under thy wings. Lighten my path, direct my steps. Do not leave me, stay quite near me and defend me against the spirit of evil. But above all come to my help in the last struggle of my life. Deliver my soul so that with thee it may praise, love and contemplate the goodness of God forever and ever. Amen

Thanks for visiting my blog,
Take Care,
Janet :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Janet, your blog is beautiful. The angel image on the sidebar evokes an uplifting feeling. Thanks for taking time to share such intimate parts of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for noticing my blog and angel pictures. I will keep udating! Love you all,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete