2008-07-17

Life's Choices

Hi Everyone,
I hope you are all doing well. I am doing good. I worked today and though I was writing about how much I like what I do, and I do. It was funny today at work for the first time I was back at my work and I felt like an outsider looking in. I had worked their for two years before I left because of the choices I made. I could not help but feel a little sad about what I have missed out on while caring for my mothers. They were all sitting around laughing together , it just seemed like I was not included in the laughs. Talking about going out to eat together etc. I realized today that you just can't go back. New friendships are formed and friendships change because life and circumstances get in the way. I am not trying to sound sorry for myself. I just needed to share that with you all. It helps me to write about it. Put things in perspective for myself. I still enjoy being there and look forward to working there as much as I can. I found this poem which I really felt help me to understand how I felt today, and what I need to help move forward. I wanted to share it with you all. Thanks for visiting my blog,
Take Care,
Janet :)
As you travel through life.

As you travel through life there are always those times when decisions just have to be made when the choices are hard, and solutions seem scarce and the rain seems to soak your parade! There are some situations where all you can do is to simply let go and move on gather courage together and choose a direction that carries you toward a new dawn. So pack up your troubles and take a step forward the process of change can be tough but think about all the excitement ahead if you can be stalwart enough! There could be adventures you never imagined just waiting around the next bend and wishes and dreams just about to come true in ways you can't yet comprehend! Perhaps you'll find friendships that spring from new interests as you challenge your status quo and learn there are so many options in life, and so many ways you can grow!
Perhaps you'll go places you never expected and see things that you've never seen or travel to fabulous, faraway worlds and wonderful spots in between! Perhaps you'll find warmth and affection and caring, a "somebody special" who's there to help you stay centered and listen with interest to stories and feelings you share. Perhaps you'll find comfort in knowing your friends are supportive of all that you do and believe that whatever decisions you make, they'll be the right choices for you! So keep putting one foot in front of the other and taking your life day by day.
There's a brighter tomorrow that's just down the road. Don't look back, you're not going that way!

3 comments:

  1. How true - but how beautifully articulated!

    Hang in there. Trying to recapture the past only robs you of the past's beautiful nostalgia. Just launch into the new present that will create its own memories and be as unique as the past ones.

    I hope it'll work out well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful poem, and you are so right when it comes to friendships especially in the workplace. I've even seen the same thing occur in church settings.
    We just have to stay true to ourselves and know that we can only be the best people we can be.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janet ~ I am so glad for what I have. Re-incarnation is terrifying when I think of all the impoverished and troubled spots I could have been born in....but life is change and life is growth...as you say " Don't look back, you're not going that way!"

    love

    xh

    ReplyDelete