2008-11-01

Speaking with Strangers

Hi Everyone,
I hope you all had a hallowed weekend for yourselves. I had a great time trick or treating with my family and Briana did so good for her first time. After a while though I could tell she was getting tired when she would walk and keep resting her head on her arm that her mom was holding. Now that our kids are getting older me and Pete can go out more without worrying about babysitters, and it is really nice. We went out Saturday night and had a good time, it is almost like dating again. We went to Bertucci's for dinner and the spaghetti sauce tasted just like my mother's homemade sauce growing up. She was pure Italian so trust me, it's Yum!! I found this inspirational saying on the Internet and it really fit what happened to me the other day, and what I have been sharing with all of you the article on the intuitive self. "Faith is an inner "Knowing" of things unseen or perceived by the five physical senses, and it is our intuition (our inner guidance system) that speaks to us quietly and to which we need to listen to more intently. Never mind what other people say or tell you to believe. Listen to your inner knowing and let that be your guidance tell you what is right for you. The way to manifest things into your life is to "know" them into existence. Doubt will cancel this out. When God created the world, he did not say "Let There be light - hmmmmm, I wonder if this will work". He simply said "Let There Be Light!" with the utmost Know-ing that light will be. " The other day I had to go to the court house for an old bill I need to pay. Leaving work to care for my mother's I got behind on some bills, no big deal to me. Anyway while I had to wait to talk to someone about payment arrangements I sat on one of the benches. I sat between a women and a man that I have never met before. We all got talking and we had so much in common. The women next to me was married to someone with a mental illness and worked at a nursing home, my mother had a mental illness when I was younger, but got better. The man next to me worked with the mentally ill. We talked and talked and shared so many feelings about the disabled and how they are treated in the world. Then I took the opportunity to ask the women about what she observes about people who pass on in the nursing home. She told me that often people will hang on until a loved one is there for them. Then she said she also sees that loved ones are there by their bedside day and night and when they leave for a cup of coffee they pass away within two minutes. She said absolutely the person will decide if they want you there or not. That most of the people do not want to traumatize their children with their death. That was the best thing I could have heard. Although I have forgiven myself for leaving my mom when she was in the nursing home and died without me there, it made me realize that even if I had stayed all night, my presence was not her wishes. As this women spoke so sincerely I also felt as if my mother was saying to me, "Janet this is my way of letting you know that absolutely never take that baseball bat out again, forgive yourself completely, you did a good job taking care of me, It was meant to be the way it was ". My favorite line from that inspirational saying " It is our intuition (our inner guidance system) that speaks to us quietly and to which we need to listen to more intently". Ya I am gonna remember that more often when I am talking with others. One last thing this women told me that at the Nursing Home when they know the person is dying, they open their window so their spirit can go on. How beautiful I thought, and then I remembered on the night my mom passed away it was unusually warm for January, I did leave her window open that night. Thanks for visiting my blog. Talk to you soon.
Take Care,
Janet :)

1 comment:

  1. I think this is such a moving and beautiful post.

    There is nothing I can add - except I am going to blog about it....it'll take me a week or so, but it's there.

    This moved me so much:-

    "at the Nursing Home when they know the person is dying, they open their window so their spirit can go on. How beautiful I thought, and then I remembered on the night my mom passed away it was unusually warm for January, I did leave her window open that night."

    Bless You

    henry

    ReplyDelete